Strict Standards: Non-static method JSite::getMenu() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/admin/domains/fragoutstudio.com/public_html/templates/fragout-studio-main/index.php on line 109
Strict Standards: Non-static method JApplication::getMenu() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/admin/domains/fragoutstudio.com/public_html/includes/application.php on line 593
- Published: 28 August 2013
[Wikipedia] ARMA 3 (stylized as ARMA III) is an open world tactical shooter video game being developed by Bohemia Interactive. It is expected to be released in Q3 2013. ARMA 3's storyline takes place in the mid-2030s during the fictional Operation Magnitude, a military operation launched by NATO forces fighting in Europe against "Eastern armies" led by a resurgent Iran.
Among other tasks and duties, fragOut Studio is primairly reponsible for creating, redesigning (improving) and configuring character animations. The Alpha video belows illustrates the gameplay animations, almost all of which were created by the fragOut team.
As a part of design process, the team developed several unique ways of controlling the character, including adjustable poses system allowing the player to take up to 12 different positions when aiming.
We're also responsible for implementation of every armored vehicle in A3, which consists of:
- basic features: lights, beacons, animations of active parts
- PhysX configuration: engine, gearbox, traction, suspension and distribution of mass
- armor: sloped plates with proper RHA penetration equivalents, weak points for subsystems, ability to harm vehicle occupants with penetrating shots
- weapon stations and turrets: Field of View settings, aiming devices, rotation speeds
- weapons: proper configuration of ballistics of ammunition, both flight and terminal
- animations: proper poses for every member of crew and vehicle's cargo, also after crew member is killed
- official tutorial for implementing armored vehicle in Arma 3
Apart from the above, we have also been involved in tweaking various parts of the game, including weaponry.